Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cassava pie Recipe.

I have been cooking this recipe since I came to the United States.
This is my childhood friends favorite snacks back in the Philippines and now my kids also love it.

It surprised me when I first saw my friends eating the whole pie.
Then I started to wonder, what is it in this recipe that they can't resist eating?

I was disappointed that my first attempt to make cassava pie it didn't turn out good, it was watery and the consistency is far than I thought. But, it didn't stop there.
One of my weakness is to keep doing till I get it right...like the old saying, "more practice makes you perfect".
4 cups grated cassava ( I bought at asian store)
2 pcs. eggs
2 1/2 white sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup cocomilk
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
2 cup young coco strips (optional)
1/4 cup nestle cream

For toppings:
1/2 cocomilk cream
1/4 brown sugar
1/2 grated cheese

Procedure:

Mix all ingredients together.
Blend well. Put in a grease and floured pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Put the toppings and cook until done.

2 comments:

♥Turkey Sandwich♥

Quarantine food for dinner. :-)  Turkey sandwich plus chicken soup, and a side of pickles. Simple and easy! One of my kids favorite easy me...