Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Binangkal Recipe.

It has been a while since I have made a binangkal. Yesterday, my friend came over and we have a great time. We ate lunch and we have a good conversation, remembering memories of our childhood days. It was fun reminiscing our old days when we played, using sticks and rocks.
A memories that we always treasured in our hearts.

Anyhow, we made a binangkal as our snack and we enjoyed every bite of it. A Filipino snack and
I can say it is one of the favorite pastries that we never forget. Yummy! I thought I would share the recipe here since most of my friends like binangkal(ChineseDoughnuts).
Have fun and enjoy.
Ingredients:

3 cups all purpose flour

1 cup sugar

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. baking powder

3 tbsp. oil

1 egg.

1 cup milk (evap. milk)

1 cup sesame seeds

Oil for frying

Procedure:

- Sift all dry ingredients and put in a mixing bowl.

-Add the oil and rub the mixture with fingers.

-Add egg, milk and stir just until blended.

-Form into small balls and coat each with sesame seeds.

-Let stand for 15 minutes and fry in a deep fryer in a moderately hot oil , until golden brown.

-Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towel.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you... the kids love it and I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your welcome. that become my kids favorite, also.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. will try this on weekend.

    ReplyDelete

♥Turkey Sandwich♥

Quarantine food for dinner. :-)  Turkey sandwich plus chicken soup, and a side of pickles. Simple and easy! One of my kids favorite easy me...