Thursday, March 3, 2011

Final Project

Guest post by Jewel Cole

My final project in my recent development class was to create a website from start to finish. It was actually a really practical application of all the knowledge we’d acquired since much of my professional work was sure to focus around developing websites for my clients. The first thing I did was research available hosting packages and domain names at www.networksolutions.com, then I got to work on the design. That was the fun part! I had Flash animation installed on the intro page which I knew was sure to impress. I set up the site with an e-commerce function, great if my fictional business had wanted to complete transactions online. I rounded the whole thing out with a blog page for the fictional owner t! o post updates – a nice touch! My teacher was thoroughly impressed at all the thought I’d put into the site and gave me a solid A. It was nice being rewarded for all the hard work I’d poured into my site at the end of the semester and I felt more ready than ever to venture out into the world as a web developer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Turkey Sandwich♥

Quarantine food for dinner. :-)  Turkey sandwich plus chicken soup, and a side of pickles. Simple and easy! One of my kids favorite easy me...