Monday, July 26, 2010

Whistle.

It surprises me that my children recognize my whistle. One day they were outside a couple houses away playing with friends. I whistle, as to get their attention, like coming home instead of yelling. To my surprise they turned back and race to come to our house. My little girl was asking if that was me calling them. It means they know my whistle- - -this reminds me of my childhood days.

My mother used to whistle to us siblings and it echoed down the whole street. Even friends recognize my mother’s signal and we hurried to come home. It’s like going back down memory lane. I remember my old folks back home say that, you can sometimes live the life we have when we are small and, add to the life of our own children which is true in some ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Turkey Sandwich♥

Quarantine food for dinner. :-)  Turkey sandwich plus chicken soup, and a side of pickles. Simple and easy! One of my kids favorite easy me...