Sunday, January 24, 2010

U.S. Citizenship.

It has been a year since I last posted. Time flies so quickly like a wind that is sometimes hard to notice. Life has always been so good to us. It seems that we are awake when God shower's his blessings on human kind. Anyway, I finally got my naturalization a week ago and I'm proud to be American citizen.

I was surprised that the whole process takes only three months. I heard it will take six months or so to get everything done, but in my case it was so quick. I file the form N-400 October 2009 and after one week I received a notice for my fingerprinting scheduled October 29, 2009. I was so lucky that I didn't need to travel to get this things done since we have a field office here in Boise. In two weeks after the fingerprints I received another notice for my interview which was scheduled December 8th 2009. Tell me its not quick. So you have one month to study for the exam. They will give you a materials to study and it was very easy. Of course what kills you is the anticipation of the whole process. Then after the interview/exam they will give you an invitation for oath taking.

Make sure you will submit all the required documents and fill up the forms correctly. The next thing I'm going to do is to bring some of my family here in the USA. We'll try to work on that sometime this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Turkey Sandwich♥

Quarantine food for dinner. :-)  Turkey sandwich plus chicken soup, and a side of pickles. Simple and easy! One of my kids favorite easy me...